Here you can find open opportunities including open positions (including PhD positions), projects and potential thesis topics.
Open Position (closing date: 30.09.2021)
PhD Position: we have an open PhD position. The position will develop efficient networks that can be deployed on robots operating in the field. State-of-the-art vision systems predominantly rely on deep learning techniques, however, deploying efficient deep learnt models on robotic platforms is challenging and adaptability to the available resources plays a key role. The candidate will develop accurate and efficient deep learning approaches which are able to adapt to the available resources.
The ideal candidate will have a strong interest in state-of-the-art vision systems and seeing their work deployed on platforms operating in challenging conditions in the field. The candidate should also have strong programming skills (Python or C/C++) and have some experience in Computer Vision/Deep Learning; ROS experience is also considered a plus (but not mandatory).
- Relevant Master’s degree
- Very good English language skills
HOW TO APPLY: All applications should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. The application should include:
- your CV,
- short letter of motivation,
- transcripts of records,
- relevant links (e.g. own website, github, Google Scholar, etc.),
- link to the PDF file of your MSc thesis, and
- name/email/phone number of two referees which we can contact.
OTHER INFORMATION AND LINKS
- Agricultural Robotics Lab: http://agrobotics.uni-bonn.de/
- Cluster of Excellence PhenoRob: https://www.phenorob.de/
- University of Bonn: https://www.uni-bonn.de/en?set_language=en
- Bonn, Germany: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bonn
- Salary calculator (in German): http://oeffentlicher-dienst.info/c/t/rechner/tv-l/west?id=tv-l-2020&g=E_13&s=1&zv=VBL&z=100&zulage=&stj=2020&stkl=1&r=0&zkf=0&kk=15.5%25
We are running several projects this year. Unfortunately, all of these have now been allocated. These projects include:
- developing an orchard surveillance robot;
- plant detection, segmentation and area estimation;
- fruit tracking and counting;
- weak learning to enable rapid deployment of vision systems to novel environments; and
- developing a camera adapted to agricultural applications.